Monday, January 19, 2009

bike's ride on the cruise with people



in the pics: a shot from up high during the epic bike ride; from the boat in Milford sound during our cruise; anna and mike

1/3
Bike ride; mook Lake; it’s hard to see the sign for the loop when you’re eye’s are on the other road going down the hill. Getting lostàwhere does that road go? It doesn’t seem to be on the map. I looked at three different maps and I swear the road we (I met up with another biker about 1/3 of the way through the ride) were on was not on the map. …hmmmm…any help google earth? Well I guess if I had a house WAY back in the mountains I wouldn’t want me on the map either. The other guy said Shania Twaine lived back in those mountains somewhere. On our way back, after figuring out that were not on a loop, the other guy stopped at one of the houses, I was a ways back (being very tired) and heart dogs barking, and then I saw him shoot out of the road and down the hill on his bike, he never stopped, and I didn’t get to ask him what the people (if there were any people) said to him. He thought maybe they would give us a lift back to the lake, or town. I guess not.


1/4
We rode with three different people during our trip. Two hitchhikers we saw on the road, and my friend who had come to Samoa for a school project. One girl was from Canada, going all around NZ, and then to Asia I think. Another guy was from Germany. He seemed very negative about his country. I’ve met another German who didn’t like their country. What is wrong with Germany. He said there is not much nature like in NZ. Anna lives in NZ and was our tour guide for a part of the trip.



1/5
Today we drove around the twisty, windy roads, through the dark rocky tunnel down to Milford sound. We went on a cruise. It was nice, cold, damp, wet. It was a good cruise. I just wish the sun was out. But hot tea is nice. I met a guy named Robert who makes drum and bass music. I’m a drummer, so I was interested. He said we just missed a huge drum and bass concert in Nelson, which was in the northern part of NZ, where we didn’t go, where there is also a big yoga community. So if you’re into that kind of music, check out robert’s web site.

Link to his site
www.myspace.com/logicalsounddestruction



No comments:

Post a Comment